All Stories, General Fiction, Humour

Sanctions By Hugh Cron – Adult Content

DSC_0592

“MR BELL!!”

“THAT’LL BE ME!!!”

The security guard walked over. Neil watched as the guard’s belly swayed from side to side. He couldn’t help himself as he began to gag.

Why the fuck do I imagine so many ugly people shagging?

“Have you a problem?”

Neil hit at his chest.

“No, not at all, I just have an attack of the dry boak.”

The guard pulled at the back of his trousers, “No, I don’t mean that, I mean your outburst.”

“MR BELL, I AM WAITING!!?”

“Oh, you mean like that?”

“The guard waved at the woman who had been shouting and pointed down at Neil. He leaned forward and whispered, “If you shout again, I’ll have you fucking out of here. And you know what that means you smelly bastard…No signing on, no money and fucking sanctioned for the next six weeks…I’ll see to it!”

Neil got up and headed to the third desk on the left. He refused to think of it as his Destination Point.

“I have got more people to see you know.”

“Really, is there many unemployed people?”

She ignored the comment.

“Are you actively seeking employment?”

“Yes.”

“Can you navigate the website? Are there any problems?”

Neil sighed.

“The site is shite.”

“Mr Bell, I will warn you about your language.”

He considered her having sex and thought at the point of climax she cried out ‘Destination Achieved!’

She misunderstood his smile as compliance.

“Could you elaborate on the trouble that you are having with the site?”

“The site is a joke. As you have already pointed out to me, there are a lot of unemployed people here. If your site had the number of jobs that it said it had, then you would be using the site.”

“I don’t understand.”

He sighed again. He realised that he did this every time he had to repeat himself.

“The site has not got many genuine jobs on it. They are all recruitment sites. The jobs are there to entice you to sign up to the recruitment companies only to be told that they will contact you if any relevant jobs become available. Numbers. That is what the site is all about.”

“I agree it isn’t perfect.”

“It has also corrupted my computer. I don’t know how many pop-ups I am getting. It is probably full of viruses. If I wanted that I would have had a more constructive afternoon by down-loading some porn and having a bloody good wank!”

She pressed a button on her computer and put her pen down. Neil realised that she was trying to make a point.

“Mr Bell…One more comment like that and I will call over security and you know what that will mean.”

“Only too well!”

He refused to sigh this time.

She picked up her pen again. Neil stopped himself from laughing.

“Ok, other than the small problems you are having in working the DWP system, what else have you been doing to find a job? Are you asking family and friends?

He held his hands out, “But of course, we had a family get together a few months back, it was the twenty-fifth of December. I remember it well as my sister paid for everything. After a dessert full of shame, I said to them all ‘Family, now don’t forget I have no job’. They were glad of the reminder.”

“Are you checking shop windows for vacancies?”

“Yes. And thanks to the local council I have about one hundred and ten shops that I don’t need to bother with as they are empty. It saves a few pennies on shoe plastic.”

She glared at him for a second.

“Have you sent away any CVs?”

“Can I ask you something?”

She nodded.

“If a Double Glazing salesman comes to your door will you buy windows off of him?”

“I don’t see your point.”

“Oh I realise that but please indulge me. The same question, if a Double Glazing Salesman comes to your door will you buy windows off of him?”

“No. Not if I don’t need them?”

He leaned forward.

“Well what the fuck am I doing sending a CV to someone who doesn’t need an employee? That is what your fucking website is supposed to be for!”

“SECURITY!!”

Neil didn’t fight back as the guard pushed him out the door. He didn’t have the bail money.

He walked slowly home and tried to imagine him and Theresa having sex…He couldn’t. ..Not after having to tell her that he wouldn’t be getting any money for the next six weeks.

Hugh Cron

10 thoughts on “Sanctions By Hugh Cron – Adult Content”

    1. Thanks Vic! Your thoughts and continual interest are much appreciated. I respect all of your comments and am happy when you enjoy my work.
      All the very best my friend.
      Hugh.

      Like

  1. Hi Hugh. Nicely told. Full of despair. Unfortunately this is a trip down memory lane for me. I was not as antagonistic as your character, but I certainly felt the same sense of self loathing every time I attended the ‘waste of time’ place. What a joy to be kept off the streets with the promise of a few quid. It’s why I detest politicians of all persuasion. Let them eat cake. Hey ho. Des

    Like

    1. I totally agree Des! The only great politicians are dead ones…They should all strive for greatness!!
      Thanks for the comments. Your appreciation of the realism is what I was looking for.
      All the very best my friend.
      Hugh

      Like

    1. June, your up-beat comments are much appreciated. As always it is great to see you part of the site!
      Many thanks.
      Hugh

      Like

  2. Hi Hugh,
    Once again you’re spot on with your view of real life – what it is like out there – a wee story well told and so descriptive – without actually any description – you could have been there. Another hit from a master, well done. All the best, yours Sandy W.
    PS. have you seen the thickness of the “book” you have to fill in to register for UB. F**K me.

    Big S.

    Like

    1. Cheers Sandy, as always, your comments make me smile. Aye and no matter what numptey gets in on May, the form will stay the same and any poor soul who has ever worked and has no kids, will still be shafted.
      All the very best my friend.
      Hugh

      Like

  3. You have an extraordinary knack to make me laugh when I shouldn’t laugh and to reduce me to tears when I least expect it. This is another classic example of a piece that is hilarious and heartbreaking. Brilliant work Hugh.

    Like

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.