Background
Latest News

Literally Stories – Week 4

DSC_0592

Week 4 started at the bottom of a rollercoaster, always a great place to start because the only way is up. The early uphill climb of Any Crow In A Storm and Dracul’s Lair was followed by Pynchon McCool: an introduction in twelve chapters. Pynchon was unlike anything else we’ve published, the clever format condensed a novel into a short story. To continue the metaphor; it was a rollercoaster within a rollercoaster.

Okay, ride over, fix the hair and leave the theme park. On our way home we stop by at a motel. Eavesdropping outside the bathroom we share a moment of reality in Sharing.  And to think that just days ago we were cursing hobbits and singing musicals to seduce couples.

This whole experience is enough to leave us longing for home and so Agoraphobia  is a perfect ending to our story week.

Where are we going next week?

Well, I’m glad you asked, he says.  We’re going to celebrate Christmas. I know what you’re thinking; How long will this news story go on? But also; Are they really doing a Christmas Week?

No we’re not. On LS we’re doing things differently. Christmas at the LS-estate is going to be a little less Disney and smiling reindeer than you might expect. We’re aiming to be that drunken uncle in the corner, talking about the true meaning of The Castle by Kafka and the snowmobiles…

So, do come and celebrate pre-Christmas, Literally Stories style and now all that remains is for me to announce the Story of the Week.  Are you ready – Ladies and Gentlemen. I’m proud to announce the winner of the Story of the Week. Dum-duddeli-duddeli-dum-drum: Listening In by Jon Green. 

The story is a complex psychological thriller if you haven’t read it yet, do it! It is completely different from the previous winners of the Story of the Week as you would expect from a short story site and we are proud to have published it. Well done, Jon Green!

story of the week banner

2 thoughts on “Literally Stories – Week 4”

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.