All Stories, Crime/Mystery/Thriller, Horror, Short Fiction

Speak No Evil by Hugh Cron – Warning – Adult Content

I was somewhere I had no business being, doing something that I shouldn’t, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Four of the biggest guys I’ve ever seen with the blackest of suits escorted me inside.

They pointed towards a door. No-one said a word.

I didn’t think about running, my legs had turned to stone.

Two were behind me and two in front.

One went in and the others moved closer to me. It was weird but all I could think of was ‘Aramis!’

It was overpowering.

The guy came and nodded. I was ushered in. They stood behind me.

The room was bright, very bright. A girl, maybe in her early twenties was lying on a table and there was a man fucking her. Her head rolled as he thrust, her eyes rolled too.

He looked up and stared at me. I didn’t know who he was. I was thankful for that.

He continued with the girl, never taking his eyes off of me. He quickened for a few seconds and then stopped.

The silence was the most unnerving thing I’ve ever experienced in my life. I felt the breath of the men on my neck.

There was still no coherence from the girl.

The guy moved away from her, he still had an erection and he walked over to where his jacket was. He took out a razor and opened it. The handle sparkled and the blade shone. I flinched as I thought he was coming for me. The man nodded and the other guys shuffled forward towards the girl, I had no choice but to go with them.

He very gently stroked her hair and kissed her.

He cut her throat.

I screamed as the blood spurted. I tried to rub it from my face. The suits moved away from me.

He entered her again and grinned.

“Live with this and live. Speak of it and die.”

They pushed me out the door.

Hugh Cron

 

6 thoughts on “Speak No Evil by Hugh Cron – Warning – Adult Content”

  1. An exceptional and startling vignette. It, along with the opening sentence, makes perfect sense. Questions pour into the reader’s mind, but they can be easily answered by the open spaces in the story.
    LA

    Like

    1. Hi Leila,
      Seldomly have I been called exceptional.
      But startling – That has been used in my direction manys a time!!
      Thank you so much. High praise from you is something that makes me proud.
      Hugh

      Like

  2. I could happily read a novel of this story. Why he was there, ‘where he didn’t belong’ and what he did after will tap at my consciousness for the remainder of the day, probably tomorrow too.

    Like

    1. Hi James,
      Thanks so much for the kind words.
      I didn’t realise how difficult it is to read or write something of novel length when I have been reading and writing only short stories for the last five years.
      I don’t know if it is the discipline, patience or ability that goes first!
      Thanks again, comments make all this worth while!
      Hugh

      Like

  3. This protagonist’s fallen into a very black hole. In a book called “Crime and Punishment” by the Russian author F. Dostoyevsky, the main character is deciding whether to commit a very serious crime, and one of his reasons for deciding “yes” is because he believes it is far easier to become known and recognized doing something that breaks all taboos than it does doing something good. In this story, the protagonist will never forget what he has seen.

    Like

    1. Hi Harrison,
      You are quite right, why we do something says as much as the act itself.
      I was toying with a line about conscience when this grew legs.
      Keeping quiet is only beneficial to the person who keeps quiet. You just know that someone else has suffered.
      Thanks as always, I’m delighted and interested to read your take on not just my stories but all of them!
      Hugh

      Like

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.